Being a Born Again Christian, I have been asked many times by non Christians (What does the bible have to say about a certain subject)? I have been a Spirit filled Christian for (23 years) now, and have read the bible from cover to cover over (17) or more times. I have held bible study with people over the telephone, internet, sidewalks, on the job, in automobiles, on trains, etc…you name it.
This bible study page is devoted to the most common, or controversial questions asked over and over again by non-Christians and Christians alike. It also include many answers to false doctrine, beliefs and teachings.
The scripture answers to these questions are taken from the King James, Thompson Chain and Parallel reference and study bibles. Please be advised, I have nothing at all to do with the writing of any of these scriptures. This is just what is in the Bible about the many questions ask so often. I am only the messenger!
We are all children of God. “That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God (Romans 9:8), So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God (Romans 8:8). Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3).”
2. Healing….And the people , when they knew it, followed Him: and He received them, and spoke unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing. (Luke 9:11). And He sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. (Luke 9:2).And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings,..(I Corinthians 12:28). And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mark 16: 17-18).
3. Child Spanking….Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. (Proverbs 22:15). Withhold not correction from the child; for if thou spank him with the rod, he shall not die.(Proverbs 23:13). The rod and reproof give wisdom; but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame. (Proverbs 29:15). Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul. (Proverbs 29:17). He that sparest his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastened him betimes. (Proverbs 13: 24).
4. Religious statues and images….Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God. (Leviticus 26:1). Thou shall not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, r that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: (Exodus 20:4) Thou shall have none other gods before me. Thou shall not make thee any graven image or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: Thou shall not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God. (Deuternonomy 5: 7-9). For as much then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commanded all men everywhere to repent; (Acts 17: 29-30).
5. Do you really think there is a God? …. The fool has said in his heart, there is no god. (Psalm 14:1).
6. What’s wrong with drinking alcohol?…. Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken, also that thou mayest look on their nakedness! (Habakkuk). Wine (alcohol) is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. (Proverbs 40:1). Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. (Proverbs 23:29-33). Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! (Isaiah 5:11). Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded. (Titus 2:6). That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children (Titus 2:4). Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walked about seeking whom he may devour: (ll Peter 5:8). It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. (Romans 14:21).
7. I just have to speak what’s on my mine. A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards (Proverbs 29:11).
8. Tithes and Offerings…Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse : for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it!!(Malachi 3:8). An all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord’s: it is holy unto the Lord. And concerning the tithes of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passed under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the Lord. (Leviticus 27:30,32).
9. Homosexuality….But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female (Mark 10:6), Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. (Romans 1:25-27). The woman shall not wear that which pertained unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God. (Deuteronomy 22:5) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. (I Corinthians 6:9) If a man also lieth with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13) Thou shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)